Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Parting is such sweet sorrow...especially when you have to go back to school the next day.

   Mrs. Zurkowski's Honors English Purples and Yellows took a field trip yesterday to Folger Shakespeare Theater in Washington D.C. It was such a fantastic trip, from beginning to end! The show was great, and so was going to Union Station. I was disappointed that our group didn't get to go to the Library of Congress though, because it's a wonderful place.
    Anywho, I actually got a lot out of seeing the show at Folger. They went through a lot of different scenes from a variety of Shakespearean plays, and seeing them being acted out helped me make sense of what Shakespeare was trying to say. Although I didn't think the three different ways they demonstrated of how to better understand Shakespeare really helped, I thought it was a fun way to keep the smaller kids interested in what was going on. I really do think that Bill's Buddies know exactly how to cater to their audience of all ages, because from what I could tell, everyone loved the show. My favorite part of the show was watching the scenes being acted out.
    Oh and the rest of the trip was tons of fun too, nbd. I liked walking around to get to where we needed to be because we got to see a lot more than we would have on a bus. Eating at Union Station was awesome, it's really pretty there. Well okay, the lowest floor with all the food stalls was a little sketchy, but still. Overall this was a great trip, 4 and 3/4 out of 5 stars!

2 comments:

  1. I have a few small typos I found: 1. We went to a theater, as Folger Shakespeare is not a place. 2. You are missing a picture, OF ME. 3.Nothing, you did quite wonderful with this assignment. 4. Nada, your use of the word 'anywho' was correct and very thrilling. 5. Maybe be more specific about what scenes you like, maybe not. 6. Zilch, ILY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with this post Kaleysan. *proud Karate Kid trainer face*. It's a daggone shame you didn't think the techniques helped. :/ But overall *several thumbs up* *celebration luau*

    ReplyDelete