Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oh, the places I want to go...

    A place I'd really like to go is Mackinac Island in Michigan on Lake Huron. I saw this island featured on an episode of Little People, Big World a while ago, maybe last summer, and ever since I've wanted to visit there.
    Since Mackinac Island is located off the top of the Michigan "mitten," I'd first have to drive to Michigan and then get to the island by ferry. Mackinac Island is known for not using any motorized vehicles (besides emergency vehicles like ambulances and fire trucks). Instead, the people there get around by bikes and horse-drawn carriages. I think that this is partially why I want to visit there so badly. Mackinac Island is rich with history, and it's all so quaint and lovely that I can't help but fantasize about going there. The weather on the island is generally a bit colder than what we experience here in Maryland, so I'd have to bring warmer clothes in anticipation of the cold weather.
    If I ever did vacation there, I would hope to be able to experience at least a small part of what life was like back in simpler times. I really hope I would be able to appreciate the kind of "time-warp" back to a time where the technology was a lot more laid-back and life could go at a slower pace.
The Mackinac Island Ferry
image from: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MackinacIslandFerry.jpg
The Grand Hotel
image from: http://puttingzone.com/Gilded/gildedage4e.html
Mackinac Island- "An Island Lost in Time"
image from: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/4b7c5/c5e18/

2 comments:

  1. Kaley,
    Absolutely, one of the most creative blog projects that I have ever viewed! Wow! You have put a great amount of effort into your creative writing and overall look of your blog. I especailly love your titles with allusions to songs and children's stories. Also, your dream blog could become a wonderful children's book, illustrations and all. Please consider taking Creative Writing at John Carroll. You might find a career path through this class. The only thing that I would say is that there are a few comma placement errors.
    100/100 A+ extra creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it wasn't for the fact that I only have two opposable thumbs, I would give this blog three or more of those thumbs, figurative or not, up.

    ReplyDelete